Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i'm a long time frog enthusiast but new to the forum and to darts

my plan is to set up a 20 gallon viv for 4 juv leucs, (hoping that there's a pair) and then when a pair is found split them off into different ten gallon vivs. in the future i'll set up a larger tank in the neighborhood of 55-100 gallons to house adult offspring. is there anything i should change? perhaps a ten is too small for a pair?
my other question is if it's alright to use wood/rocks from outdoors, and if so how to cure them of parasites, bacteria, fungi etc.
thanks, any advice appreciated
-dan

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Many people would say a 10 is too small for a pair, but lots of people breed them in 10s. More space is nicer for sure if you can spare it, and leucs do fairly well in groups, so a 20 long could be ok for the whole group, a 29 would be better.
If a pair is what you want sexed pairs are often available for a slighly higher pice, allowing you to use that other tank for a DIFFERENT KIND OF FROG.... You will want more, trust me ;)

Sterilizing stuff from outside is easily done in an oven or pressure cooker for rocks/wood

or in a 10 percent bleach bath for moss plants wood rocks etc.
10 minutes for plants much longer for wood, gotta let it soak in

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k thanks
so if the 4 leucs stayed in the 20 until adulthood could they be bred all together or would they eat each other's eggs?

·
Registered
123 Posts
One quick thing... I don't know enough about darts yet but I know this... don't cook a rock. It has a chance of exploding.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
One quick thing... I don't know enough about darts yet but I know this... don't cook a rock. It has a chance of exploding.
Does this mean not to boil it either or just not bake it in the oven?

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
What about with slate. I just bought a bunch of tiles from Home Depot and washed good, then smashed them to build a waterfall feature in two vivs I'm working on. I would think I would need to bleach those too. What do think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts