Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a couple of questions. First, is there a way I can encourage mushrooms to grow in the tank? Secondly, one of my ghost wood logs is beginning to get patches of an algae or mossy thing on it. Does this mean that my pillow moss is alive and sporing? Third, what are some good plants for P. Klemmeri tanks? Finally, what are some good places to get plants and moss from? Thanks.

Jordan

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Did you see the sporophytes(sp.) comming from the moss? If so then most likely is from the pillow moss. Otherwise it could be some spores that were already on the wood that are just now starting to grow which i find to be more exciting.

·
Vendor
2,859 Posts
search mushrooms on this board, I remember a discussion a while back. I have heard in the past that mushrooms just pop up sometimes in your tank, and just this last week I got one! It is one of the common white and brown ones you see all the time though. Maybe when I get home I'll take a pic.

G

·
Mushrooms also need a very clean environment to grow. So if the "just sprout up" your tank is most likely in great shape.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I used moss from my back yard and got tons of mushrooms in my tanks. I did the get the most growing in a 75 gallon with no frogs though, probably because it was a pretty clean tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts