Dendroboard banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol...Mark. For some reason, it's a nice feeling seeing someone knew I had been on a year journey to get these guys. Very Excited to finish up my build and get some real pics. Just got a Canon 6d and L lens ...should provide some sweet pictures.

Hey Simon it's good to see after waiting a year you finally got your frogs, very nice. Get some more pics of them in their tank.

·
Registered
185 Posts
John, are yours Guapiles? If so did you get them in this shipment?
No Simon, these are Nic Blue Jeans 2.5 years old.. I just thought they looked almost identical thats why I posted.. Very nice frogs the ones you have to be sure... I posted only because If you put them together you would have a hard if not impossible time telling them apart..

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lou,
I know so little about frogs but those look just like mine. Do you have any other pictures...where do they come from? I suppose I could just look this up but thought I would ask as well. Looking at just the one picture they seem identical!

Simon,Yours look a lot like my Charco La Pavas.

Nice looking frogs
John,
It's nice to see your pics. I was wondering cause I could tell they were similar but I also felt like yours did look more like some of the blue jean lines I have seen over the past 2 years while deciding what I wanted to get. I noticed one of yours had some spots and I didn't see any Guapile pictures with small speckles. Cool none the less. I don't know a lot as I have only been in the hobby for 3 years but it is interesting to see the subtle differences amoung the orange/red body and blue leg pumilio.

No Simon, these are Nic Blue Jeans 2.5 years old.. I just thought they looked almost identical thats why I posted.. Very nice frogs the ones you have to be sure... I posted only because If you put them together you would have a hard if not impossible time telling them apart..

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
Here's a pic I took tonight

Here's a thread I have with a bunch of pics if you want to look at some more.These guys are the only Pumilio I own that I noticed change color.You can see it in this thread.Some of mine have spots some don't.
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/me...-24-oophaga-build-threads-charco-la-pava.html

These are both new imports.The Charco are from Panama where as the Guapiles are from costa rica.I pm'd you earlier about them.

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
Lou,
I know so little about frogs but those look just like mine. Do you have any other pictures...where do they come from? I suppose I could just look this up but thought I would ask as well. Looking at just the one picture they seem identical!
Simon,

Typically the Panama locales are much smaller than the Costa Ricans. I've never seen either of those locales, and color-wise these seem very similar. I'd assume yours are significantly larger though. I know my Puerto Viejo dwarf all of my other Panamanian pumilio.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a pic I took tonight

Here's a thread I have with a bunch of pics if you want to look at some more.These guys are the only Pumilio I own that I noticed change color.You can see it in this thread.Some of mine have spots some don't.
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/me...-24-oophaga-build-threads-charco-la-pava.html

These are both new imports.The Charco are from Panama where as the Guapiles are from costa rica.I pm'd you earlier about them.
pm'd back...thanks for the thread I have been looking them up. It seems from a overall perspective the guapiles dont get the greyer legs like yours and can get a little more vibrant in colors. But I wouldn't put it past me to mistake the two.

Simon,

Typically the Panama locales are much smaller than the Costa Ricans. I've never seen either of those locales, and color-wise these seem very similar. I'd assume yours are significantly larger though. I know my Puerto Viejo dwarf all of my other Panamanian pumilio.
Thats good news I like them bigger;) The colors do look similar

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
Simon,

Not in this case.The Charcos are pretty decent size.Not too far from size (if at all) than my Bribri .You can see in the pic, the size of the frog against the film can and they are pretty beefy.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Simon you seen my Charco when you were here....

Mine are a little paler then Lou's are....

Your Guapiles are quite large...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts

I haven't seen Guapiles in person.How large are they in comparison to your charcos.I know mine are a pretty decent size.Not as big as my black jeans,but sizable.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
James that's something we didn't talk about. I was pleased with how big the Guapiles were. Quiet beefy ...

I did also notice that yours were a little paler than Lou's but if I remember correctly you have one that is much paler than the other. (one with more of grey legs) Also with frogs like this it is hard to get the true colors to show, unless your good with a camera on the spot which I proved I knew nothing about my new camera;)

James is actually holding mine while I work on my tank. he would be able to make the best assessment. I thought they were slightly larger than the the Charco but by no means were the Charco small

I haven't seen Guapiles in person.How large are they in comparison to your charcos.I know mine are a pretty decent size.Not as big as my black jeans,but sizable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts