Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my male out of his tank for the first time ever since I was on vacation and I thought I'd try a few pics. This one seemed to turn out pretty decent so I figured I'd share...still no macro lens yet unfortunately.

Do any of you have any suggestions on focus stacking software? I have lightroom but as far as I know you can't do any stacking with it. I'd like to play around with getting a larger focused area when I take these types of shots.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does nobody have any experience with photo stacking, or is this just a quiet sub forum? I figured withi all the good photographers this would be a good place to ask :)

I've seen a few references of Helicon focus through some google searches...anyone have any experience with that program?

Thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think your white balance looks a little off.

As far as stacking goes I've only ever used photoshop and manually stacked photos. I have heard of Helicon and quite a few people seem to like it for macro (I know there are a few other programs out there with good reviews but their names escape me at the moment).

As for getting a larger focus area you could always try a smaller aperture (larger f-stop number). Like f/8 for example.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts