Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to the DCOS orchid show today and got a couple from J&L that I thought were cool. Wanted to share.

Pleurothallis truncata

Haraella retrocalla

They both caught my eye as being pretty unique even for orchids. Dont really know much about orchids though but was told these are easy enough.

And if anyone can help me, should I cut these leaves off or keep em on?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha thx, getting into terrariums and frogs I grew an interest in orchids too. I feel an addiction coming on. Gotta read up more on them before I go to another show though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was there today too. Bought 9 orchids from J and L and from the grower from Equidor, I can't remember their name.
There are some amazing looking orchid there.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Show was pretty awesome. A little smaller than I was expecting but a lot of nice growers/vendors and a nice place, never been there before.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey can anyone help me out...on my Pleurothallis truncata the newer flowers seem to be drying out, before the whole spike blooms. The older ones though look fine. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
I'm a little late to this thread but great choice with the Pleuro. truncata. I've got one too! Mine seems to be pushing out a bunch of keikis at the moment.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Must be a humidity issue :/ Thanks! I will fix it soon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts