Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dendrobium orchid of some sort blooming in my large tank, so I thought it would be a good idea to take a few pics. It has a beautiful purple color.

I just had to go out to the animal room next. This one is our caimens tank, which is one of those 250 gallon (?) black tanks you can get at feed stores. I think some people use them to water cows or horses, but I put a croc in it!

His name is affectionately "Tooth". He hasnt bitten me, but the one I used to have this size grabbed me once. I would liken it to being hit on the hand with a framing hammer with teeth. This one eats a mouse every week or two. He's about 18 inches long now.

And then I had to feed the whiteknee. He's about 5 inches accross now.

What do ya'll think? flowers and dead pinkies everywhere! :twisted:

·
Registered
328 Posts
nice pics! Your orchid is some sort of Dendrobium, i'm guessing one of the little ones you get at grocery stores? I have several of them in my tanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
d

thanks.

It was one of those on the rack at lowes whose blooms have already faded. Ever felt sorry for a plant? This was it. I have several in my animal room that I "saved" from the last chance rack.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
d

its just a regular spectacled caimen. They are supposed to be able to get to 6 or 7 feet at the max, but this one hasnt grown in a much. I rescued him from a home where the owner would carry him around downtown for laughs. He's much healthier now, but still small.

·
Registered
696 Posts
So what do you do with the caiman when it's full grown? Just curious.
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts