Dendroboard banner

90g Peruvian Eroded Streamside

18K views 81 replies 24 participants last post by  Wusserton 
#1 ·
*so my grand 90g protean tank just came in and I am diving into the build I've been planning for some time now. hopefully it will be a fusion of a couple distinct techniques on here.

So it's 2x2x3' and willl house 4 A. pepperi. I'm hoping to pull of a deteriorating soft stone waterfall on the right side, *overlooking a large water feature and have exposed *roots and limbs on the left side and in the center.

My computer just *died so I'll rrelegated to my wife's ipad, so I appologize if some of the pictures are upsidedown for the time being, untilI I get in front of a rea computer.

I'd love to get some feedback as i'm on spring break for the week and in a position to put some serious hours into it. Any thoughts on the rock work?my hot knife broke 20 minutes into it so *im using kitchen cutlery...

See less See more
#68 · (Edited)
no small thanks to you! All the plants you sent me except maybe one are doing great. The palm is sending out a sucker. I am really happy with the palm, the pepperi love it because it's a great crash-pad and given now it is starting to edge over the water, I think it will be the key to kicking my black algae problem on my brazilian micro sword thanks to the shade offered. and the aglaonema, with its faintly blue leaves, looks just stunning contrasted with the lime-green giant anubias I got elsewhere. I didn't take a pic, but the arial roots are just sick, hopefully in a few months time they'll be ropes running from the top down into the water to be cleaned by shrimp ;)

I'm really liking how I have a bright light verdant jungle up top and a low light forest floor on the bottom (which is great for my beloved B. pavonina)

#69 ·
Oh I'm real happy to hear that your Pinanga disticha palm is suckering. I hoped that it would do that. I still have a specimen here, but it is still too small to sucker. That is a real good plant for larger vivs and it looks just awesome.

This sure is cool setup and it grew in really nice.

#71 ·
Looking great!

In your last picture posted, the moss in the background looks a bit like java from what I can see, while the moss...ball on the wood outcropping on the left does look a little bit like spag. If you need some java moss, I've got a 2.5g tank full of the stuff. It has snails so it'd be best if it went through a bit of alone time terrestrially.

#72 ·
Have been away from DB for a while, school's been crazy and I was gone for 6 months. In the mean time, I lost the pepperi while I was gone, but have an awesome group of the borja ridge now.

Here are a few pics:

one of the inhabitants,

FTS:

views from above:

(inside shot)

(front outcropping)

the rock wall:

shrimp hard at work at the waters edge:

forest floor:

#74 ·
Yea, the pinanga has one sucker going and another one coming. I keep it trimmed pretty short, so I think that helps. I think what you're referring to is a cutting of my anubias hastifolia that I cut from an elevated branch that is part of the drip wall. It was just way too big so I stuck it in the water, hopefully it takes. Most of the plants I got from you are doing great in there (and elsewhere)

#81 ·
Haven't been on the forum much for a while now, life has been pretty complicated of late. about a month or so ago, I did a near-total rebuild of the viv and put eco-web up as the background and made a moss slurry and got some leuc froglets (still one vent calling in there).

I finally got a camera and took this short video. Things are growing in well and starting to get settled and I am loving the more open look. I' really enjoying how much more spacious it is and how much more light is coming down to the floor, just waiting for some money to get some orchids and shinglers and such

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.