Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 90gallon tank which im planning on having some frogs in. how many frogs can i have in such a large tank, and with such a large tank i cannot figure out what to do with it to dress it up doese anyone have any suggestions what i could do with it?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Do you have any herp experience at all? If so, the 90gal would be really fun to use. If this is your first-ever time though, I might recommend setting up something smaller to work out the kinks and map out a plan in your head of how you can improve for your 90gal. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I also think you should get a smaller tank to practice on. Get a 10 or 20 gallon off of craigslist. My first tank definitely did not come out the way I wanted it to and I wish I would of did a smaller tank first.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you want multiple species maybe look into splitting up the tank into 2 or even 3 sections. Making one section flow into the other would be my suggestion. And as mentioned before, research! There are many things that can be done with a tank that size.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just finished (well close still finalizing) my first viv Im real glad its only an 18x18x24 because alot of this (making Vivs) is practice.
Im happy with the turn out but its technicly my second because the first didnt turn out at all and I had to redo alost 80% of my work.

I do agree the larger tank makes for a great display with tons of foliage and drift wood and hides but seriously consider trying to make at least one if not 2-3 smaller ones first.
Try water fall try drip wall try no water what so ever.

You will be glad you did .

1. you have some other vivs to fall back on (move frogs to) if your big one isnt complete or not turning out the way you wanted it to.
2. when your ready to make that big one it will be mutch better design and longevity because you worked out some flaws in the smaller ones.

Also if you go to Lowe's Home depot and walmart for your plants.
just use portions of what you buy.
I planted my Zoomed 18x18x24 and I have enough plants left to create atleast 2 more vivs, yeah they all the same plants but thats ok!!

Either way you go Good Luck, Have fun!
and welcome to the addiction.
One almost complete Viv and 2 in my head for next ones and I dont even have any frogs yet!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.