Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
purchased this tank yesterday for $50 dollars :)
now what to do to it?

ideas?

Ill have some pictures in a bit.
Im open to animal ideas, suggestions on what to house etc....

·
Registered
436 Posts
i say you get an amazing piece (or amazing pieces) of driftwood from thedriftwoodstore.com and go nuts!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i say you get an amazing piece (or amazing pieces) of driftwood from thedriftwoodstore.com and go nuts!
ok but what can I house in there?
I kind of want a paludarium so I dont want PDF's in there cuz theyll drown lol

·
Registered
436 Posts
i have no idea about paludariums. i think they're cool, but I'd probably never build one. too much work with the water. if you're doing a horizontal build, a group of terribilis like i have would be good. vertical might not work - 3 feet high? depends on how you set it up. a lot of people are cautious about the huge drop. i've never done it, so i'd have to set it up with a lot of levels to sort of "break a fall."

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have no idea about paludariums. i think they're cool, but I'd probably never build one. too much work with the water. if you're doing a horizontal build, a group of terribilis like i have would be good. vertical might not work - 3 feet high? depends on how you set it up. a lot of people are cautious about the huge drop. i've never done it, so i'd have to set it up with a lot of levels to sort of "break a fall."
the tank is 3 feet long, 2 feet tall and 2 feet wide
I kinda wanna stay away from dart frogs so that I can use a nice water feature. thats why Im posting here to see what I can do..lol

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
those tanks are great, i have one at my office with a pair of orange terribilis and they love it, and gives you plenty of room to play with plants
Pics?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i wish i could have a viv at work!!! i just move too often.

Julio, did any of those bulba make it? looks like it got over grown and all your orchids may have got drowned out.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
oh thats good, i wasnt sure if that cicuss amazonica and begonia just over took the tank hahahah.how old were the P. ter when you put them in there? if that was just a few months, they look like packed on the pounds ;) hahahaha.. non the less still a cool tank for a pair of P.Ts, wish i could show a pic that i have set up for my mints, but that will have to wait until after dec 1.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
super crappy update
bought all my supplies, and fitted the background lol

im stuck on what to do..... :(

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To the top. Help me with some ideas lol

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
update. made my false bottom (3 inches high)
also im playing around with this tree stump idea.
what do you guys think so far?
also which position would look the best for the stump to be placed?
I personally liked the middle, but im open for suggestions :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts