Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple videos and pictures of my 18*18*24 zoo med tank i used great stuff and titebond III for my background and cork bark placed into the foam. Also created a tunnel through the foam as a cave for them to hide in. Plz check out my tank and any feedback likes or subscribes are appreciated.

Michael Montique - YouTube

This is the link to my GOOGLE + profile it has pictures of my build from begining to end false bottom putting the pots in the foam every step is included

https://plus.google.com/u/1/103924744421058066316/posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
You keep posting the same video OVER and OVER and OVER again. No matter how many times you post it, the answer will be the same. Separate the Leucomelas and Azureus and after that, the tank would be acceptable after another 1"-2" of leaf litter are addeed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea got it seperate the frogs not doable at the moment if you saw this on another post if you read enough of it you would know how it came to be 3 azureus and one leuc. I mean I don't have the money to build a seperate tank for him and on top of that the frog was taken from a friend who got him and had moved so not really worried about the fact that they are together. At this point they've all been in the tank for about 8-10 months and zero agression and the tanks at the end of my couch so i can watch it quite often. I do not breed nor do I intend to breed and there is no place in my terrarium for them to actually rear tad poles.

no need to search mixing species I don't intend to mix any species or muddy the "blood lines or species variations " after almost a year of being in the same tank I think they're fine. There will be no breeding.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yea got it seperate the frogs not doable at the moment if you saw this on another post if you read enough of it you would know how it came to be 3 azureus and one leuc. I mean I don't have the money to build a seperate tank for him and on top of that the frog was taken from a friend who got him and had moved so not really worried about the fact that they are together. At this point they've all been in the tank for about 8-10 months and zero agression and the tanks at the end of my couch so i can watch it quite often. I do not breed nor do I intend to breed and there is no place in my terrarium for them to actually rear tad poles.

no need to search mixing species I don't intend to mix any species or muddy the "blood lines or species variations " after almost a year of being in the same tank I think they're fine. There will be no breeding.
It is not very expensive to get a plastic container and put some sphagnum and leaf litter in it... Maybe $5-10.
Also, if you have males and females they will breed. You have leaves (both live and dead) in your viv and the frogs will utilize those to lay eggs. If they have spent a year together and have not laid eggs, that is because they have not reached sexual maturity yet. However, they are approaching sexual maturity and will soon be laying eggs if you have males and females...
Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Since azureus are, and as far as I am aware, ONLY native to the Sipaliwini Savannah in Suriname, unless there is another kind of dart frog in those isolated pockets of jungle I am not aware about, Azureus would never encounter another kind of dart frog in the wild without human intervention, much less Leucomelas, a Venezuelan/Guyanese frog, novel pathogens may be prone to existence.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since azureus are, and as far as I am aware, ONLY native to the Sipaliwini Savannah in Suriname, unless there is another kind of dart frog in those isolated pockets of jungle I am not aware about, Azureus would never encounter another kind of dart frog in the wild without human intervention, much less Leucomelas, a Venezuelan/Guyanese frog, novel pathogens may be prone to existence.
As always I appreciate all advice you all have a far greater knowledgeb of frogs than I I really took to the enjoyment of building tanks and frogs an added bonus . I took in the frog to help out a friend and not put the frog to waste I hope that my scenario is better than the alternative.

·
Registered
316 Posts
As always I appreciate all advice you all have a far greater knowledgeb of frogs than I I really took to the enjoyment of building tanks and frogs an added bonus . I took in the frog to help out a friend and not put the frog to waste I hope that my scenario is better than the alternative.
the alternative is finding it a new home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts