Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started planting my 75 gallon stream tank about 2 weeks ago and took some pics. More plants are going to be added soon, but this is the start.

Sorry about the size on the first picture

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cork is from ACE hardware, used for bulletin boards. It is made by Boone and the 4 pack of 12"x12" tiles runs around $7 (I think)
I have added a few more plants (not near enough), 6 hidden film canisters and added a trio of pumilio.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do the adhesives stick well over time? It's something I've wanted to play with for some time. I'd just worry about it coming off the glass from humidity.
j

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I silicone them on. I don't trust the little sticky pads they have with them.
I have see some sort of bug eat away at the tiles, but it just adds a new texture for me. They don't like being submerged, but seem to hold up to the humid air all right.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Nice terrarium Ben, it will look great once it matures. I used the cork tiles in a terrarium housing a golden mantella years ago. They held up well for a while but over time they started to fall apart and eventually fell off. I don't remember if I used silicone sealant to attach them to the glass or just relied on the adhesive that comes with them. Keep us updated on how yours do,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts