Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be adding new photos as the cunstructon continues. I am not finished but this is what I have started with. I hope to have this done this week coming up. The wooden stump on the left is hollowed out. It is huge. I wear a size 12 1/2 sneaker and it is more than twice the size of my foot. I was llucky to score all the wood not including the stump for $5. As I build it for my red eyes I am starting to think otherwise as they do enjoy the exo terra they are in and maybe this tank is the best excuse for some new frogs. ;) lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another note, So the great stuff stays on the pink foam I used a ton of tooth picks to stab through the great stuff into the pink foam. I have the pink foam epoxyed to the tank.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Looks great so far! Keep the pics coming.

Are you going to great stuff over all of the rigid pink foam?

Great stuff is a good way to add depth to the viv.

What are you going to cover the great stuff with?

·
Registered
85 Posts
This might be a dumb question but does great stuff usually not stick to styrofoam very well? Would it have been better to spread some silicone over the styrofoam first and then apply great stuff? I am planning on making a removable background on styrofoam and have yet to apply great stuff to any styrofoam so I am wondering if it won't stick naturally, what do you have to do to get it to stick?

Looks good. I liked the big log in the left corner. Why'd you decide to take it out (at least I didn't see it in the video)?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This might be a dumb question but does great stuff usually not stick to styrofoam very well? Would it have been better to spread some silicone over the styrofoam first and then apply great stuff? I am planning on making a removable background on styrofoam and have yet to apply great stuff to any styrofoam so I am wondering if it won't stick naturally, what do you have to do to get it to stick?

Looks good. I liked the big log in the left corner. Why'd you decide to take it out (at least I didn't see it in the video)?
I used wooden dowels and alot of toothpicks to stick into the great stuff to make sure it sticks into the foam. Then a layer over the foams with silicone. I did make a new thread that shows the tank so far almost finished. I need to order some more plants and some frogs :)

Here is were the other picture and video is of the tank http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members-frogs-vivariums/76689-72-gallon-vivarium.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts