Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do u think of a 55 (48x13x20) with a hood, light strip, and all the fish stuff with a stand for $145. I really want to make a paludarium and this seems to be perfect. Is $145 alot?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Brand new, the tank and hoods with lights alone run $100 bucks from petsmart. SO, it isn't a bad deal, unless it is just a makeshift stand, and old fashioned fish stuff.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You can anticipate paying ~ $1.00 p/gallon for the tank only (new). Lights and lid are the main expense often costing more than the tank itself, especially for top-quality bulbs. Stand ranges from $50-$250 depending on if it is rod-iron or wood.

If you plan on using the tank as a viv, is hard to say that the “fish stuff” carries any value unless it includes pumps, heaters, or quality water filters that can be put to use.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya thats what i thought all i want is the tank and the stand there. None of the fish crap has any use for me since it s really basic with an undergravel and a powerhead. He said its his son's and its like 3 years old. THe more i think about it the less i think it is a good deal!

·
Registered
428 Posts
If you are making a paludarium, the fish equipment may come in handy. And it can't hurt to just make an offer. If you think it's worth $100, then just make that offer.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts