Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Crabitat? That is hysterical LMAO! I might have to get a couple of crabs just so I can tell people that I have a crabitat. :D

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
And if it doesn't come out looking good, you can say you have a crapitat!

Richard.

Crabitat? That is hysterical LMAO! I might have to get a couple of crabs just so I can tell people that I have a crabitat. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I checked on the little guy today, and...he didn't make it, so he'll never get to see the awesome setup I had planned.:(
I might re-purpose it into a dartfrog, or maybe a tarantula enclosure--he only made it a month and a half so I don't know if I'll try crabs again.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Thanks.

I've decided I'm going to re-purpose this into an enclosure for my P.cambridgei.
Sorry your crab didn't make it. I love trinidad chevrons though. Spectacular spiders. Unfortunately my biggest trinidad molted into a mature male recently so it doesn't have much longer left. Glad to see that there are other tarantula enthusiasts here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Sorry your crab didn't make it. I love trinidad chevrons though. Spectacular spiders. Unfortunately my biggest trinidad molted into a mature male recently so it doesn't have much longer left. Glad to see that there are other tarantula enthusiasts here.
Yeah, I've got 13 T's at this point--no dart frogs yet actually.
I joined here because most T keepers don't keep elaborate setups, and I'm looking to do that for my arboreals. That's not to say I won't eventually have dartfrogs, but it's not in the cards currently. Not enough room, $, or time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
You could keep it simple and just put a concrete block in the tank and call it a Slabitat. HA!
I was actually thinking about this the other day--that this would actually work pretty well. You could use the holes in the middle of the concrete block to put some substrate in for burrowing, and concete blocks have enough texture to them that I would think it wouldn't be any problem for a crab to crawl up it. It would also be rather interesting in my opinion.

EDIT: And HEAVY.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts