Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres my new vivarium, it has a little water section in it, i plan to put a few little fish in.

any comments or suggestions are welcomed.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry no construction pics, i put it together in 2 days and my camera was out of commision and i couldnt wait. :roll:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Man I really wish I could put together a big tank like that. Looks great, are you going to put neon tetras in the water :D (I presonally like them a lot haha).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive been doing some reaserch on what type of fish, aand i found the neon tetras arnt the best choice since they are a school fish and theres not much water there, i was thinking white cloud minows or a betta.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I agree, white clouds, betta, misquito fish are all good choices.

Luke

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ah true, well I'd go with beta. They are cool fish and you can get nice ones at any fish store relatively cheap.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah ive been interested in the killis for a while but havent had any luck finding them her in calgary.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You should check online, and if worse comes to worse order some eggs and try hatching them. I dont have any experience, i just been wanting them for the past 3 years lol, just never came around to getting them yet.

Ryan

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi from South America..!!!!!

Nice pics of your new terrarium, of course is your final desicion what kind of fish you will put in the aquarium zone, but my suggest would be that if you are thinking recreate an enviroment like South American rainforrest,
you would have to add fishes from our region too
If you don't have enough filtration for the aquarium zone, forget the tetras, I think the best choice (in S.A. fish) would be a couple of Killies like Pterolebias or Cynolebias or even Rivulus, they will feel like in home

Of course is just a suggest.....

Best regards

Raul :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats a great idea, it would be nice to keep its S. American. Maybe ill see if i can find some info on those fishes you named.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts