Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would share my first viv build attempt.

Since this is my first build I decided to not do a waterfeature, eventhough my wife really wanted a waterfall. The lighting will be a T5HO fixture which should arrive next week sometime. The substrate Is going to be ABG mix which I ordered way to much off, good thing I have some Iso/springtail cultures to get going on. I plan on adding a mistking mister system after it has been planted so I can get a better idea where to but the nozzels.

I have had a plant growout tank going since about October, I will post a pic of that later.

Hopefully I will get around to setting up the tank in a few weeks, but I do not plan on getting any frog until after the summer as I will be gone for 3 weeks in July and would rather not have to deal with teaching someone to make FF cultures and feed the frogs. I would just worry to much plus it will give the plants and bugs time to establish themselves before the frogs are introduced.

As for the frogs I plan on getting a group of 4-5 Leucs. which I will QT for the proper time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is my plant list for the tank

ORCHIDS
Masdevallia heradurae
Bulbophyllum ovalifolium
Cirrhopetalum auratum
Trichosalpinx chamaelepanthes
Pleurothallis mystax
Lepanthrpsis astrophora “stalky”

OTHERS
Philodendron Micans
Pilea mollis
Gloxinella lindeniana
Begonia foliosa
Begonia schultzii
Pearcea hypocrytiflora
Maidenhair Fern
Dragon’s tail Fern
Ludisia discolor
Anoectochilus albolineatus
Peppermonia prostrate
Fittonia verschaffeltii
Lemon button fern
Misc. Peppermonia
Asst. Dischidia
Misc. Begonia
Misc. Hoya
Broms are just Neo pups from my collection “NO ID”
Some mosses in there as well

There maybe something else that I am missing if I remember I will add it later.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you look in the bottom right corner of the top pic. there is the small whiteish flower from the Anoectochilus albolineatus. When I originally recieved the plant the stem and roots had broken off in shipping. But with alittle rooting hormone it started growing and even flowered after about 2 months in the growout tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts