Dendroboard banner

46 gallon bow front viv set up

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  asneeze531 
#1 ·
Hey all!
I am embarking on a new adventure, i have an old fish tank, pictured below and i want to sent up a viv. I have had pdf's in the past but due to some extreme circumstances i had to give them up. I am now going to get back into the hobby full scale, Meaning i would like to start breeding. I have two 12x12x18 exoterra tanks which are mostly set up from before (i plan to use these for froglets or even for temporary housing for some new frogs i get at some point). My goal here is not only to get advice from the wealth of knowledge that is available here but to also track my project.
So i have a 46 gallon tank i used for a fish tank a while back, very similar to the picture below. Is that a good size? i will be making a false bottom my self, and it already has a glass top, i just need to drill and fly proof some holes in the top for ventilation. I have a misting system, just have to set it up. Currently i am planning on getting a sexed pair of Surinam Cobalt D. tinctorius, i had these as singles in the past, and i liked them. I would like to hear what people have to say about my choices and thoughts! I haven't set a timeline, or purchased anything yet, except for the tank which owned previously. i really want to do this right and make it look great. any and all comments/suggestions would be appreciated. i will start adding pictures soon

Aquarium Glass

See less See more
#3 ·
Ok so after spending the weekend researching and testing various things i have decided to go ahead with the great stuff method for my background. I am going to attempt to incorporate some sort of water feature, not sure exactly what yet. Ill be cutting the egg crate for my false bottom tonight as well as for the corner area to hide the pump. pictures will follow soon!

#4 ·
Driftwood Wood Branch Antler Horn

Ordered this from thedriftwoodstore.com, along with several small pieces i will be doing a drip feature with. I just wanna say i spoke with Rod from thedriftwoodstore.com and i can't speak highly enough of him. Talk about customer service and quality. i'll be posting pictures as soon as i get actually started. still in the planning/massing material phase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.