Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for some bulbs like this forever. Finally today I was wandering through Menards and came across these. They are pretty big bulbs but they are VERY bright. I'm trying 2 over my 40B vert. We'll see how they do.

Thought I'd share for anyone else looking for some more intensity...

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
awesome. Sometimes the daylight blbs can be a pain in the ass to track down, especially the larger wattages

·
Registered
725 Posts
menards always seems to have the best selection of daylight bulbs compared to other stores here in central IL. Pretty cheap prices too.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, all the other bulbs I have are the 23W ones. They are perfect for 20 verts but the 40B is just too dang tall converted to vert.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I didn't.

They were about $9 each and I'm just using one of the ol' silver satellite dish looking shop light fixtures for each bulb.

·
Registered
63 Posts
did you mention the price and what type of fixture are you using?
Yea he's only going to be able to fit those in brooder lamps you get from hardware stores.

There are some horticulture hood fixtures that are made just for large size CFL bulbs though. But brooder lamps still reflect better.

Frogtofall - Do you mind taking some dimensions of that bulb? I'd like to know if it can fit into Exo Terra Compact tops or Zoo Med hoods.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Frogtofall - Do you mind taking some dimensions of that bulb? I'd like to know if it can fit into Exo Terra Compact tops or Zoo Med hoods.[/QUOTE]

that's what i was wondering as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts