Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished with this 42 hex and was wanting some opinions on which frogs would do the best in it. I am recieving 3 Intermedius and 3 Castaneoticus from Patrick soon and was trying to figure out which to put in here. I know the Intermedius would love the tank but, I think the Castaneoticus would really enjoy it as well. Plenty of ground area and some hieght to climb also. I have been seeding this tank with springtails also. There has to ba thousands in here already so whatever goes in here should have a field day. Myself I am thinking Castaneoticus, any suggestions?

Thanks
TonyT

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.pl?photo=138093

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Out of 90 people there are no opinions? LOL Oh well I guess it will turn out ok either way.

TonyT

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
LOL! Thats funny, as I meant to reply awhile ago but was at work and got distracted, then never came back to post anything. You'd figure that more people would have said something, but then again you are asking about some of the "rare" frogs lol. Ok, so which would I put in there... its kind of hard to say. I don't really know the floor space of the tank, but it should be big enough for 3 castaneoticus & it is definatly big enough for 3 intermedius
... so either would work. Yeah, I know I am not helping much but it seems that either frog would be happy in this tank. The more open space and all the leaf litter makes me want to go with castaneoticus, looks like they would fit in with the tank better. If you added more pieces of wood going from the floor to the back, it would creat more usable space...which would make me say put in the intermedius... but I think you should go with the castaneoticus. If they do well, I would think you could even add 2-3 more in the future.

BTW, very nice looking tank. Is that a piece of wood against the back wall (on the floor). I really like the floor of this tank, looks natural to me.

Well, good luck with the new frogs. I think you will be very happy with all of them.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I would go intermedius also. If you put in some ficus vines in the back, they almost completely cover that coco paneling. This is what I do in my verts, and I love the way it looks. Only problem is the ficus grows so much it trimming pretty often. Just a thought.

·
Registered
448 Posts
What did you use for leaf litter? The tank looks good; can’t wait to see what it looks like in a couple of months from now. I would put Castaneoticus in it.
ADAM

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate them. YEs the waterfall is a piece of african drift wood that I carved a little valley in for the water to run through. The floor is made of a layer of gravel covered in spaghnum and then a layer of magnolia and oak leaves. I plan on placing more leaves in it today when I get back from my parents. They have several acres I can collect various thigs from without the worry of pesticides and stuff like that. They think I am crazy at 37 playing with frogs. LOL Thanks again for the help.

TonyT

G

·
Tony,
I think you are normal having frogs.It's the other people that don't have them that are weird.That tank is awesome,but like othere have said I'd go with intermedias in it.I bet they will do great in that tank.I can't wait to hear what you have to say about both species this week.
Mark W.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts