Dendroboard banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired this large acrylic cylinder today. Thought it may make a neat project. Its a little hazy and needs to be buffed out, and the are a total of nine small holes drilled in the front that were previously used for ventilation.

Any suggestions!!!!!?? :)

Picture is side by side with a 20 gallon tank

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
Can't say I've seen anything like it before. It just seemed like a good fit. There are some awesome Southeast Asian fish species, and then some great underwater plants such as Cryptocoryne species (can be used above water, too!). You could even put in a small carpet of C. parva on the bottom. Though, the frogs would prefer C02 injection...you could make a small CO2 reactor pretty easily and cheaply.

That sounds really cool!! Have any examples of this?

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
I meant to say the aquatic plants would prefer the CO2.

Can't say I've seen anything like it before. It just seemed like a good fit. There are some awesome Southeast Asian fish species, and then some great underwater plants such as Cryptocoryne species (can be used above water, too!). You could even put in a small carpet of C. parva on the bottom. Though, the frogs would prefer C02 injection...you could make a small CO2 reactor pretty easily and cheaply.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It may be a bit lol Im in the middle of building four front opening 29 gallons, and four 15 gallon verts lol. Too many projects!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cool. im going to work on buffing out the acrylic... and if successful i will resurrect this thread from the dead haha
If the buffing doesn't work out well, you could always try Pledge Future Floor Wax. It's actually not a wax, but a liquid acrylic and is often used for taking out small scratches and scuff marks. Best- it dries crystal clear.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you EVER consider selling this, call me first!! When it's done can I check it out? Where in WI are you? Can't wait to see where this goes. If you consider a DIY LED light I have a great idea for it too, I've built a couple LED fixtures for my reef tanks, a freshwater tank and I'm planning one for my viv too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts