Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Introducing our new 40 gallon breeder high visibility vertical conversion kit.
The new kit will be available Monday February 7. Pre-order now and save 10% by using coupon code "PREORDER".

The benefits of our side opening kits are:
-NO CUTTING of the original tank
-Super easy and fast installation
-Fruit Fly Proof
-Features a small 1 1/2" vent and a large high visibility door
-Fits the 40 gallon breeder with lip opening 17 1/16" x 35 1/16"

*click on image to see in proper aspect ratio*

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
cool, you could use that on a 58, 65, or I think there is an even deeper 90gal with the same foot print. Fun stuff

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We may be working on a misting adaption, and drain in the future, but not at this present time. The kit does take quite a bit of work as is. We are VERY happy with it and love how nice it looks, and functions.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Both. Its made of glass, and has a frame system built on for the door latch, and also so the front has a clean black frame type look. In addition to looks, and the door system, the additional rigidness it also provides more surface area for adhesion, and also acts as part of the ff proofing of the kit. Hard to see in the pictures or video, but again I am very happy with my design.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Awesome. Ya it said shipping unavailable to that location. I will be looking for some in a month or so. Ill send you an email then.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Does the glass for the door come with the kit or does it have to be bought separately?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does the glass for the door come with the kit or does it have to be bought separately?
the kit comes as three parts - vent, door and base section. All of the glass comes with the kit pre-prepared and ready to put into your tank :) all you need is silicone and epoxy to set the kit up.

10-15 minutes of work by you to put it in and 24 hours set in time for the epoxy - if you take a look at the video you will see Aaron setting up the three part kit and get an idea of how easy the whole process is :)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wanted to elaborate on this a bit. Kit includes:

Top vent, 1.5" w/ thumb latch installed.

Door, installed with hinge, inside ff proof frame, comes painted and ready to install. The only thing you'd need is a handle if you dont like the one we send (and the handle is not 100% needed. I'm using mine without one at all)

Bottom piece, glass blacked out for substrate/false bottom, bottom piece also has frame for door thumb latch, ff proofing, and a few other benifits I mentioned earlier...

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Thank you both for your responses!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts