Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Azureus Dart Frogs 4 weeks ago today and I wanted to give an update on them. Nothing is wrong I just wanted to post this for other beginners to know that things will turn out ok.

(Current Picture of Vivarium)
Plant Houseplant Terrestrial plant Vegetation Grass

A month ago I got 3 Azureus froglets in the mail from Josh’s Frogs and immediately fell in love with them and made my first post on this forum. After seeing the photos I was told to remove the spaghnum moss as it was not needed for the dart frogs amd that supplementing the frogs with fruit flies is also important.

Everything seemed to be going well but I soon noticed that my frogs were never coming out of their leaf litter after about a week. This concerned me as I didn’t have them very long and I was afraid that due to my inexperience had killed them accidentally (they were fine every time). I made another post and I learned an important lesson that the humidity in the air isn’t everything when it comes to misting the tank. I also needed to make sure that the soil and leave litter have area naturally saturated with water achieved by misting for longer periods of time that what I was doing. Humidity in the air isn’t everything, soil moisture is equally if not more important (both are).

Now that those problems have been fixed my dart frogs seem to be doing really well! They are hunting actively (I feed them every 2-3 days). Iam actually able to tell each my dart frogs apart by their skin patterns and personality. Each of them look a little fat but one is gaining weight A LOT faster than the others and is already much bigger and larger than the other two. I know that with this species I won’t know for another 9-12 months that this one might be female.

One last side note is I made a TikTok channel with videos I have taken of my frogs exploring the tank and eating fruit flies. I don’t know if I am allowed to promote that here but I am very happy with the videos I make as it allows me to enjoy rewatching them even if I am not home to look at them personally.

Anyways even though there wasn’t any direct problem I wanted to post this in the beginner sectionbecause most people don’t normally make post to say all is well but here I am.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds Good. I think you should be feeding your froglets daily to ensure they are getting the proper amount of supplements. Instead of feeding large amounts every 2-3 days you should be feeding 20-30 flies each every day at least until they are 6-8 months old. If your using repashy calcium plus or another dart frog suitable supplement this will help with bone growth etc.

·
Administrator
6,204 Posts
I don’t know if I am allowed to promote that here
No, promoting competing websites is not allowed. :)

·
Administrator
6,204 Posts
Not a problem! Is there any place on this website where I can share photos/videos?
Many people start an ongoing thread for themselves in the Members' Vivs section, and I recommend everyone do so.

Linking to videos is officially permitted so long as it is just that, but promoting a channel is not. Further, there's an underlying skepticism here about the value of video sharing sites as informational hubs, since the ratio of information to simple falsehoods and advertising baloney is in fact heavily skewed on such sites generally. Hope that last sentence comes off as honest and helpful without being malicious, since that's how it is intended. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Further, there's an underlying skepticism here about the value of video sharing sites as informational hubs, since the ratio of information to simple falsehoods and advertising baloney is in fact heavily skewed on such sites generally. Hope that last sentence comes off as honest and helpful without being malicious, since that's how it is intended. :)
Thank you for letting me know. The videos I post there are for entertainment purposes and have no captions just the frogs eating and being themselves. I mostly just like sharing them with others. I honestly don’t feel experienced enough to do more. I will check out the member’s vivs and go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts