Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up four little mint terribilis from Mark Pepper at UnderstoryEnterprises. They are great little frogs and am so happy that I can witness them grow and become healthy adult (hopefully breeding) frogs. This is the second tank I have built. The waterfall had to be turned off because the frogs are too small.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great frogs!

I am planning to buy frogs from Marc very soon.

Why do you have to turn the waterfall off? Was the flow that high?

I am a bit concerned about the size of my enclosure however, I don't know the size of your tank but mine is close to 150 Gallons. If you have troubles feeding your frogs then I might have a problem.

:roll:

Charles

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have to agree with Ryan, they are still pretty small watch them closely to make sure that they are all feeding. I used to hate keeping new frogs in a shoebox..... especially since I put so much time into building the enclosure. Now I keep all frogs in quarentine for 30 days and froglets in shoeboxes for 60 days. Good luck, they are great frogs!
Ed

·
Registered
487 Posts
Very cool ortega; nice to see another ontarian here. You close to Mississauga?

Marks a great guy, and his frogs are top notch quality. Your tank also looks awesome; how large?

M.N

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the compliments everybody. They are extreemly bold frogs, and I think that is why feeding them has not been a problem. When I feed they do not hide, so I just drop flies around them and they eat right away. I have been trying to do this 2 to 3 times a day to assure they eat enough and that they are all eating. My tank is a 33g. I had to turn off the waterfall because it is rather robust and I do not want to take any chances with my little guys. Hey Moe, I live in Brampton but I work in Mississauga. Ron Jung lives in Toronto but I do not know anyone else around here (I bought off Mark at the expo). I am just starting out with dart frogs and am enjoying this hobby very much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes it is an orchid, thanx for noticing. There is no flower because I bought it that way for a third of the price. I do not know anything about orchids, but I was told it will bloom again in a month or two. I cut the old stem down to 2" and placed the roots ontop of a wood peice and covered it in moss. Hope this is going to work. I also have staghorn fern in there. I know it will grow very large but it looks real good right now. All the moss was picked from a forest near my house (I am hoping it does not need a winter season to survive).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am getting a new light fixture from work on Monday. It's a 24" bulb and I think that it should do the trick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.