Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got enough Great Stuff off my hands to type lol, I'm definitely getting disposable gloves when I go to buy more cans.

The cardboard in the pictures is in there just until some silicone dries

The destruction left behind:

I was initially gonna use the black foam for just the waterfall and against the glass on the sides, so it would be black when looked at from the side, however after seeing how little the pond foam expands I've decided to use it for just the waterfall.

Really should've been more patient with this part, got a lot of sag. For the time being it'll at least be a good base for the top layer:

·
Registered
146 Posts
cool Idea..... not sure what im doing yet but thinking about a simple euro viv build..
Larry

·
Registered
431 Posts
Subscribed :D

Love the look/color of that quickrete. Now I wonder why I silicone/wood glue all of the soil onto the gs instead of simply painting on quickcrete.

Awesome tank so far :D

Got any plants looking forward to putting in it or any idea on frogs?

Will

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Subscribed :D

Love the look/color of that quickrete. Now I wonder why I silicone/wood glue all of the soil onto the gs instead of simply painting on quickcrete.

Awesome tank so far :D

Got any plants looking forward to putting in it or any idea on frogs?

Will
Thanks man!
Plant options are totally open right now, I know I want some spike moss but for the most part I haven't put much thought into it. As for frogs the goal is Bumble Bee Toads but that too is up for consideration. I really want something that will make good use of all the land and ledges, but also the water portion too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bumble bee toads are boring...I gave my three away. Now firebellies in a group are great fun to watch...I have them in a paladarium...
I have actually been recommended FB toads several times, hmm after hearing this I may have to change my mind. Do you think they would use my ledges?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Firebelly Toads are fun to watch and amazing. They will climb everywhere, use up all space. My only problem with them is their ferocious appetite. At least mine liked so many crickets. If you have crickets down, then you are all set :D

Will

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Firebelly Toads are fun to watch and amazing. They will climb everywhere, use up all space. My only problem with them is their ferocious appetite. At least mine liked so many crickets. If you have crickets down, then you are all set :D

Will
Well I think I have my answer then! Thanks for all the info!

Anybody have experience with a good non toxic sealer/epoxy I could use to coat the mortar mix?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
As I told you numerous times before, you will not be disappointed with a group of Bombina orientalis.

Hope you're adept with gutloading crickets ;)

Your construction looks great by the way! I look forward to this coming to life w/ vegetation, water, and light...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As I told you numerous times before, you will not be disappointed with a group of Bombina orientalis.

Hope you're adept with gutloading crickets ;)

Your construction looks great by the way! I look forward to this coming to life w/ vegetation, water, and light...
My apologies for the initial reluctancy, i was heavily biased by the quality of videos of BB toads vs. FB toads. I think you've all convinced me though on FB toads :D

Thanks! Oh me too, being a primarily aquarium owner I got to look at buying terrestrial plants for the first time the other day, I'm so excited. Recommendations are very welcome, I know one thing I want for sure is lily pads in the hopes one of the toads would chill on one.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Sorry, I have no experience with that product. As for plants, you may want to check out Philodendron Wend Imbe(Black Jungle and Josh's Frogs usually carry it), of course some Pothos can grow on land or water. There are quite a few mosses which can be kept in aquatic like environments as well...with a little reading up, you should come up with a nice list of plants for your tank and toads!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry, I have no experience with that product. As for plants, you may want to check out Philodendron Wend Imbe(Black Jungle and Josh's Frogs usually carry it), of course some Pothos can grow on land or water. There are quite a few mosses which can be kept in aquatic like environments as well...with a little reading up, you should come up with a nice list of plants for your tank and toads!
I really dig that Philodendron, I definitely want that and similar plants for the ledges.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts