Dendroboard banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I finally got a top on this thing. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's been up and running for a month now. I'm hoping the tail end of this mold bloom subsides this week so I can add the frogs next weekend.

I should mention I've added 2" of live oak leaf over the sea grape leaves shown in the photos.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Love the hardscaping. And the extra leaf litter was going to be my only critique, but you beat me to it. Variabilis will be great in there.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love the hardscaping. And the extra leaf litter was going to be my only critique, but you beat me to it. Variabilis will be great in there.
Haha I knew someone would call me on it if I didn't say something. I always start a new tank with sea grape because it gets saturated and breaks down quick, which microfauna love.

The hardscaping - honestly I just got lucky that the vendors I got my wood from hooked me up with some really nice pieces. I actually had the wood 6 weeks before the tank came in so I had a lot of time to think of how I wanted it to look. I captured the spirit of what I wanted. There was some sag while things hardened so the branches aren't quite as high as planned.

I also have two other plants coming Monday. A pepperomia for the back and a low growing green leafed plant I liked for the front right corner.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow! It’s one of the best (at least for me) I saw recently. It really looks as a piece of forest. Species you’re going to introduce ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow! It’s one of the best (at least for me) I saw recently. It really looks as a piece of forest. Species you’re going to introduce ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Thanks! R. variabilis Southern.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Your eye for use of space and segway is awesome. I am actually excited for your frogs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts