Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pictures of my current build. A 36 x 18 x 18" exo terra, for Ameerega trivitata.

The base layer is filter foam, then pea gravel, then a thick layer (about 1.5 - 2" ) of leaf litter.

Background is silicone and peat moss.

Not a ton of plants in the tank, and likely will stay that way for the most part. Prioritizing open space for these large , athletic frogs.

Wood Rectangle Gas Facade Tints and shades

Plant Wood Art Brick Grass

Wood Art Tints and shades Facade Plant

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looks awesome! What locale/color will you be putting in there? Also you should consider adding an alocasia or verrucosum!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice! I have to get my hands on some Ameerga sometime soon. I have a few quarantine enclosures ready at all times, in case I fall in love with some frogs. I think there is something to be said for large-leafed plants in enclosures for large dendrobatids. It provides more vertical space while being pliable, so when they jump they don’t hit their heads. I think some larger philodendrons would make the space more usable for the frogs. However, as I mentioned, I have never kept Ameerga. The tank looks great :)
-Oscar

·
Super Moderator
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Based upon my expense with Ameerega bassleri and Ameerega pepperi, they are very likely to enjoy the shaded area on the left side under the cork and use it as their primary "hiding spot".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts