Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put up some new pics. Finally got myself some moss, and miniature orchid, and a misting system. This is my first tank, and I feel the addiction already. Just a few more weeks until I get get some frogs...

Glen

The Tank

From the Top

The Waterfall

Miniature Orchid (picked it up from Andy's at the NYC Orchid show)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow :shock: ! Incredible. Actually I am running out of adjectives to describe all of the wonderful vivariums posted here, but I really like yours. Those are really nice looking plants, so of which I noticed on Peace of the Tropics web-site, is that where they came from? The wood looks great what kind is it? Where did you get it? The plants extruding from the crevice is a nice touch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should I expect that mold to go away? If it hangs around, will it cause any problems? Thanks.

Glen

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
viv moss

i love it. i find that some mold longers for quite some time but it will eventually be outgrown by moss etc. what kind of moss is that on the floor of the tank?

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Re: viv moss

Louis said:
i love it. i find that some mold longers for quite some time but it will eventually be outgrown by moss etc. what kind of moss is that on the floor of the tank?
It looks like tropical pillow moss but I reserve the right to be proven wrong :lol:

In terms of molding on wood, my experience parallels that of others. It doesn't seem to cause any problems and goes away pretty quickly. I just find it very interesting that wood (at least ghostwood) seems to do that pretty routinely.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts