Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got my plants in from black jungle today so i got my viv all planted...ill be getting some java this weekend and i guess i just need to finish the stand and let it grow...im thinkin its kinda bare in the center any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
hey, that is a great job with th landscaping, I would only suggest some more plants, like pothos, definitely some nice bromeliads on the ground and wall, andmaybe some more creeping types for the background as well, maybe an orchid here and there. I really do like how it looks though, good job, is it just the foam and siliconed on bed a beast?

Ed

·
Registered
448 Posts
Great tank, how did you get the coco bedding to stick well to the back ground? I used 100% silicone to apply the coco bedding to the great stuff and it doesn't seem to be holding up. Do you or anyone else have any tips on keeping everything together?
ADAM

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Awesome backing! Yeah, did you use 100% silicone? Add more plants to make it more lush.

Luke

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used Brown GE II window and door 100% silicone. I deffinatly want to add mor placts but i need some suggestions on what type plants you all thin would look good im at a loss right now. but what i have (starting form the left) are a ficus pumilia, two Cryptanthus a Nephrolepis cordifolia 'duffii' which will become much bigger, and a Anthurium scandens seen here http://www.blackjungle.com/Merchant..._Code=TP-ASC&Category_Code=OE&Store_Code=BJTS which will also become a lot bigger. Please suggest some plants for me im not really a plant guy either so i dont know if i want to risk it with orchids...they're kinda pricey...also where the fern is the fern will cover that all up when it grows up a little so putting a brom above it would be a wast because you wouldnt see it...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
plant suggestions

I would definitely add more plants. Like others have said, some broms would be good. The creeping fig will eventually take over, but any viv needs pruned once in a while. I have specials going on broms right now. 6 for $20 and 12 for $35. What size tank is it?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I would definately order one of the Bromeliad packages from Peace of the Tropics. I have ordered the 12 Brom package twice and have been extremely happy with the quality of the plants I got. Ken will, also, customize your order to meet your needs.

Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts