Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey DB
Just wanted to show off my tanks. They are 3 10 gallon tanks. I decided that I wanted them to all flow into each other, visually. They we hard to shoot as a group so I edited 3 shots together. You can see where the tanks end The tanks are a mix of GS and kitty clay. False bottom, custom substrate, and 3x23w CFL 5500

On Frog Day, Im looking to get the inhabitants. What do you think I should get?
Id like 2 frogs per tank. I love the look of Oyapocks but I think they need a horizontal tank instead of a vert.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Topnotch! I've been waiting for a group shot of these since you started building them! They look great man! I'm sure you'll find more than enough inhabitants to choose from at Frog Day.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Those are excellent......

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
It would be really interesting to put a pair of some morph of imitator in one of the tanks and the species they imitate in the tank directly beside it. Not sure what you could put in the third but you may get some interesting interactions.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Simply Spectacular! That is a great photo of the 3 tanks together. I am very impressed with how this turned out. I followed your build from the beginning. Nice work :cool:

-Chris

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
It would be really interesting to put a pair of some morph of imitator in one of the tanks and the species they imitate in the tank directly beside it. Not sure what you could put in the third but you may get some interesting interactions.
That is what I plan to do with some variabilis and C.Valley imitators....These vivs gives me some great ideas for that for sure.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Great job!! I really like the way you started one tank, continued to the next and ended the third tank as if they were all-in-one!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
hey man, the pink elephant ears...where'd ya get em? looks awesome!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Amazing! I can't wait to see what you put inside. No matter what you get we want to see pics and pics with "Full Tank Shots"

·
Registered
818 Posts
Awesome! If they were horizontals I would say do a pair of each of the dwarf tincs ( fg cobalt, Lorenzo, oyapok)

If it were me I would do imitators. Intermedius, Varadero, and Standard or tarapoto.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WOW. Thanks everyone for the compliments. Most of the ideas I got for the tanks came from seeing all YOUR tanks. I cant wait to fill another tank. I think Im going to wait and get frogs before I start building another tank.

dfrmav Re: 3 tanks in one
hey man, the pink elephant ears...where'd ya get em? looks awesome!
They are a syngonium I picked up at Lowes. They were a faded green pink (like watermelon) but got really pink with more light.

btreyes84
Re: 3 tanks in one
They look great; nice plant choices! I especially like the vines. What is frog day?
The vines are a funny story. I was walking past my community garden and saw these great twisty branches. I brought them home and stuck them into the tank. Little did I know that they were Wisteria. Because the conditions were go nice in the tanks, it started to root and grow. There were offshoots coming out of every part of the vines. It looked really jungle-y. I realized that I couldent keep the vines in the tank so I dug them up and burned the edges so they would not resprout.

Frog Day is a day of amphibian awareness and conservation. If you are in town those days, check it out!!!
home | FrogDay NYC 2011

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bought more plants today (addicted). 3 TILLANDSIAS, and some super tiny baby tears. Not sure where the will go yet.
Im starting to try to culture flies. Need to find a starter culture local. I also have a TON of tropical springtails. If anybody wants to swap some local, Id be down.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts