Dendroboard banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I couldn't resist setting up another one...

Here is the finished build, though I still need several more plants and some time for moss growth and other growth. You can see some empty pots that need some love!

The tank has an incredible water feature that you can only really see in person!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
It looks great I just want understand what you did. Whats the info on this? What kind of background is that? false bottom? Wheres the water feature? Did you use a pump? Some more details would help us understand better. plants?Thanks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks great I just want understand what you did. Whats the info on this? What kind of background is that? false bottom? Wheres the water feature? Did you use a pump? Some more details would help us understand better. plants?Thanks.
Background is Great Stuff with Coco/peat siliconed on top of that. The background includes some pots for plants as well. The false bottom is a few inches of pea gravel, this opens up into the front where you can see the water. There is a hidden pump that pumps water up tube and out of a drilled hole in the wood work. It drizzles down both sides of the wood, dripping into the rock cave below where the moss is starting to spread.

I haven't gotten all the plants in and will re post a new pic when I do, as well as a list of the plants I go with.

Feel free to ask more questions. I'm newer so I'm not sure what types of details the board members would be interested in :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
I noticed that both of your vivs feel to me like they really wrap-around in kinda like a semi-circle type shape. Is that just me or do they kind have that shape in person? Not that that's bad, just wondering if I'm seeing it right or not.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I like how much hardscape went into this. It's hard to see it by looking at only the final product, but all that wood/rock gives it a more organic overall feel to me. By the way, have you decided what kind of frogs you want in there?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, yes for some reason I am addicted to semi circles. I feel it engulfs the viewer into the tank more. I took a video of this tank last night, but I need to figure out how to get it up online...

I think I have decided on Cobalts for the first tank. I have heard that they are relatively easy to keep and I really enjoy the multi colored bodies. Plus they seem readily available here in Utah.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Like I said on your other thread. This is looking nice... How big? That wandering jew is going crazy I see.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For some reason pictures cannot capture the dynamics of this tank. it looks 2D :(

Oh well, updates:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Weird, they almost looked square when I saw them the first time. Are they plant propagation tanks or are you just early with preparing froglet rearing tanks?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Weird, they almost looked square when I saw them the first time. Are they plant propagation tanks or are you just early with preparing froglet rearing tanks?
Well both :)

right now its for moss quarantine but will eventually be for froglets.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Any photo updates on the frogs??

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK ao I actually did some modifications on the construction shown above several months ago. Here is the current tank:

Frogs are doing great!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts