Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Water Gas Trunk Twig

Wood Space Art Ceiling Event

So this is where I’m at I have plants and some on the way the background is GS covered w silicone and a mix of coco fiber, sphag moss, and substrate to try to hold some moisture and help plants climb. This is for my black and green auratus, looking to get a female. So I was thinking of putting a waterfall but I’m not sure if it’s recommended… if not a pond but I do want to add a water feature to the tank without having to do anything too crazy. Also thinking of adding some more cork rounds on the side maybe. So I guess my question is is a waterfall a bad idea? Is it not worth the pain in the Ass? Also I’ve recently learned foggers aren’t recommended either ?

·
Registered
A 1.0.1 pair of dentrabates tink azerus, a 0.0.2 pair of aruatus green and bronze and a 1.1 pair of
99 Posts
View attachment 307611
View attachment 307610
So this is where I’m at I have plants and some on the way the background is GS covered w silicone and a mix of coco fiber, sphag moss, and substrate to try to hold some moisture and help plants climb. This is for my black and green auratus, looking to get a female. So I was thinking of putting a waterfall but I’m not sure if it’s recommended… if not a pond but I do want to add a water feature to the tank without having to do anything too crazy. Also thinking of adding some more cork rounds on the side maybe. So I guess my question is is a waterfall a bad idea? Is it not worth the pain in the Ass? Also I’ve recently learned foggers aren’t recommended either ?
[/QU
View attachment 307611
View attachment 307610
dart frog line 18x18x18 it's an okay size for some auratus max of 2 water feature takes away floor space and makes it harder to control humidity water features usually splash or make the substrate saturated and don't let the too layer dry up like needed

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so no pond and no waterfall got it haha. And yes I wasn’t planning on putting more than 2 in that viv I’m aware that for auratus need a little more space than others

·
Super Moderator
4,202 Posts
So I was thinking of putting a waterfall but I’m not sure if it’s recommended
Definitely not recommended unless your tank is truly massive.

So I guess my question is is a waterfall a bad idea? Is it not worth the pain in the Ass?
Correct. Takes up usable space that the frogs need.
Also I’ve recently learned foggers aren’t recommended either ?
Also correct. There have been reports here of frogs acting very strange when foggers are used.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely not recommended unless your tank is truly massive.

Correct. Takes up usable space that the frogs need.

Also correct. There have been reports here of frogs acting very strange when foggers are used.
Ok so I guess I’ll run the mister a little more often to keep the humidity levels up I think I’ve already kinda got the hang of the humidity in my 12x12x18 I’m assuming with this tank once I’m done planting everything with enough misting and the right amount of leaf litter I should be good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts