Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just out of curiosity, what are your feelings on standard 29 gallon tanks (30x12x18) and what frog do you think they most suit?

I don't quite have the space for a 40 gallon tank, however I was wondering if it was worth it to take that step above a 20H....

·
Registered
321 Posts
I enjoy my 29. I have 4 Galacs in it and no aggression. It's according how you plan your background. I have the base layer slope towards a pond. On the rear GS and 2 levels high of GS making ledges at places. Overall alot of room for a 29.

Some members on the board I've seen not fully utilizing the provided place in the 29

You can fit pretty much a trio of 4 of most species except Bicolor/Terr

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have had leucs in a 20H for a while and they use every inch of the tank. I would for sure say a 29 is going to be great for anything that will use more than just floor space
Logan

·
Registered
259 Posts
Many terrestrial species will use your vertical space if you make it easy for them to do so. Do as Steve suggested...use ledges, slopes and tiers and work your way up the back. I find my Cobalts, Leucs, and Azureus at the top all the time. Just make access for them. It also gives them something to do...mountain climbing. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts