Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a front opening door on 29 gallons? I looked through a few threads but didnt see anything, maybe someone has a bookmarked link? I dont mind tearing tanks down and resiliconing .

Seems front entry would be a lot better than reaching all the way from the top of a 29 gallon. Thanks!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Although I'm still a noob, I dont mind at all reaching down my 29. Although I'm short and no matter size tank I have I always need a step stool :p

sent from my incredible...mind

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not vert, normal position. removing front pane

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, ok cool. How do you like it?
Its ok... the doors dont slide the greatest, and closing one causes the other to open. Id rather have a downward opening door like most of us do on our verts, and that my plan right now. Im stripping all the trim and silicone off a 29 as we speak. Also removed the front panel and made it the top, new custom front pieces waiting to have vent holes put in.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Front lower piece of glass below door with holes drilled for vents.

Trim and front panel removed, new lower vent panel siliconed in place

Im using an aquarium lid style hinge for the front much like my ten gallon verts. The door also has two 2" vents in the upper corners. The lower vents are 1"1/8 with stainless steel 60x60 mesh. It will be held closed by these neat magnet things i got from USPLASTICS. More pics to come...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking good! D you know what you are putting in the tank?
I think my group of dwarf cobalts may go in ... that or a couple citronellas... i have another one of the same design and size thatll be done soon as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts