Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been building it for a min and finally got it sealed up and did the first round of planting. I feel i need something else in the front left corner. That Guz in the middle has three pups, two i will pluck and the other grows that direction, think it will cover that spot enough? I tried to use burnt coco fiber on the background for color, but i'm not sure how much you can tell in person. comes out with the flash though. The background should fill in with the creeping fig eventually and i will never even be able to tell. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I like it a lot. I think the plant choice is very good for this tank... I wouldn't add much else besides some moss and possibly some more vining plants.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great. Simple and well organized. What are you planning to do as a front? A custom door with vents or can you buy a kit for something that big?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
that whole opening is the glass door. It was custom, living hinge(wish I'd got black) from US plastics along with the edge guard along the top of the glass. the rest was glass and screen parts from Lowes. Large glass viewing area in front, i love it. You can see in the pic of the three tanks side by side. I do wish i'd made the vent smaller, it is 1 1/2, but it is not keeping humidity as high right now as i would like. Had to put some saran wrap covering most of it to get it up. Hopefully with the plants growing out it will balance and i dont have to keep the plastic over it. Thanks for the compliments guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts