Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This tank was re-done a while back as the original scape had been going for 6+ years:

Some detail:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And some of the residents:

My mancreeks occasionally give speckled offspring:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very nice! I like the dimensions. did you build the tank yourself or is it a vert aquarium conversion?
Built myself - not euro style though. Ventilation is in the top with fans for circulation. The door lifts up and out with suction cup handles.

·
Registered
193 Posts
WOW! You did a great job with that tank.. it's gorgeous. What type of background and substrate are you using? Any changes from the 6 year build?

·
Registered
177 Posts
The door lifts up and out with suction cup handles.
Could you elaborate on this a little more? Is it a front opening tank, does the door come completely off? (unhinged)

Looks great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
WOW! You did a great job with that tank.. it's gorgeous. What type of background and substrate are you using? Any changes from the 6 year build?
Thanks - the background is styrofoam (sculpted and covered in tree fern, peat moss, and coco fibre) with some heat shaped PVC piping and rope (also coated in the same mix) to represent vines and branches. Unfortunatelty the plants pretty much hide it completely.

The substrate is tree fern, coco fibre, sphagnum, lateralite, and calci-sand.

The original build had no background and was just a stump covered in plants. I later added a cork panel background behind the stump.

There are pics of the original set up on here somewhere.

Reactions: Bonobo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could you elaborate on this a little more? Is it a front opening tank, does the door come completely off? (unhinged)

Looks great.
The door lifts completely out of it's frame so access is easier (as was the build).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts