Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kyle
I used Zoopoxy #307 sculpting putty over a 1" foam board, I created the shape with wire mesh covered that with ready wrap " plaster cloth " allowed to dry mixed the putty coated and shaped it applied some color pigment allowed to dry again used silicone and peat for background areas. All in all I spent maybe a hour total on each it really was quite easy.

Thanks Scott

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What Mortar do you have? I hope it's not the stuff that everybody is using that eventually breaks down and flakes, I will not mention the name of that mortar on the board but if you PM i'll let you know if thats it, I'll have to find the details of where I got this I got a 2 Gallon kit for about 70.00 and have barely touched it. I could easily do 20 of these with that kit more if I do smaller surfaces.

Scott

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Nice start! I can't wait to see it grow up! I like the way the background looks.

Where did you get the zoopoxy #307 sculpting putty?
http://www.polygem.com/zoo/mixing.php ?

dartsanddragons said:
Kyle
I used Zoopoxy #307 sculpting putty over a 1" foam board, I created the shape with wire mesh covered that with ready wrap " plaster cloth " allowed to dry mixed the putty coated and shaped it applied some color pigment allowed to dry again used silicone and peat for background areas. All in all I spent maybe a hour total on each it really was quite easy.

Thanks Scott

G

·
0 Posts
I like the feature in the last tank pictured...
Any shots of the building process?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts