Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saved a frog from work that came in the feeder fish shipment a few months ago. It was kept in a tiny critter cage for weeks and weeks and was extremely emaciated because it would not eat the frozen food or cut up worm pieces put in there...duh. I only realized it was there 2 weeks ago. So i saved the little blighter and kept him in the critter cage and fed him up on fruit flies (wish I had gotten a before and after pic) but I finally thought he was ready to upgrade as he was finally maintaining weight. This is what I built for him. He is a leopard frog and he will be housed with a red spotted newt named Noto after the scientific name Notophthalmus viridescensas.

here is the main idea I started with

I started the peat and silicone

I am going to try and get a vine or ivy to grow up the back vine things, thought it would be neat with the light shinning through.

and now for the epoxy rock/ muddy river bank trial

And now the finished product (all mossed and plants were locally collected, trying to keep it somewhat a biotope)

And here is the lucky bachelor. Fat, happy, and now residing in a pretty sweet pad if i dont say so myself.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Great tank how are you going to filter it. Also from past exp leopard frogs will eat anything that moves and can fit in the mouths.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in the process of modifying a whisper filter to go in the right corner, I got carried away and made everything before incorporating the filter. ad agreed he tears everything up now, but he would not touch the worms in the store for some reason, maybe his size compared to the worms. who knows but he is eating like a champ now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Haha he is so cute, it is a little one, if you confirm his/her gender, you should get a mate for the little one. It would be a cool little rescue biotope. Ever thought about writing an article about it? I'm sure there is a magazine out there that would want the story.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hadnt even crossed my mind about that. Its a female from what I know though, if another frog comes in the feeder fish at the aquarium store I will scoop it up for sure though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts