Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
National Reptile Breeders Expo [NRBE]
Aug 19-21, 2011

Well I didn't know what section to put this in so in the Southeast section it goes!

National Reptile Breeders' Expo homepage

Figured it was time to start a thread on this event. I've been going to the NRBE every year since '99 no matter where in the country I lived. Over the last 6-7 years it has been more of a yearly reunion for me and I've made some great friends along the way. Being an equal-opportunity herper, I have spent many of my years keeping/breeding snakes. However, the last few years, darts have taken the spotlight with me.

So let us know the following. Are you attending? Are you vending? Are you willing to bring frogs for pre-sale or for sale at an off-site location like a room at the Hilton? I think we could round up a nice community of dart froggers who would be willing to do that. It would amaze you at how many off location sales take place at the show. I've made many sales in the past with the title "For pickup at NRBE".

I will be attending [Friday thru Sunday] and I know of two others in my area that will be there as show attendees. I'll be enjoying the snakes as much as the frogs. I am sure most of the Florida PDF keepers will be there. Willing to bet a good portion of the darts will sell on Saturday.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ill be attending. Getting up there early sat morning and staying at the hilton. Will def be looking for some frogs and froggers! Not sure if ill have anything to bring but never know!

Vinny

·
Registered
344 Posts
I will be there not sure which day yet I have been a few times and it is always a lot of fun. Hoping there will be a few cool frogs there but it is normally mostly snakes and geckos.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Last year was my first and there were probably a half dozen vendors with darts, including Bill Schwinn and Marcus from SNDF.

I'll only be able to attend on Sunday. But, late Sunday when people are packing up, you can get some great deals. One vendor had a bunch of Exo-Terra light fixtures that he was probably selling at cost. I picked up the last three two-bulb fixtures for $15 each. There was another vendor with lots of cork bark and I got 10 lbs for $5/lb. That was a steal. None of those folks want to haul stuff home if they don't have to, especially the larger equipment and accessories.

·
Registered
344 Posts
oh yeah I forgot last year the wood selection was incredible I will have to save some money for that

·
Registered
193 Posts
Can't wait for this! It will be my first time.. I will be driving up from Tampa for the day. Will be looking for different pumilio morphs.. Anybody have any? :)

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
I iwll be going as well, checking out some day gecko's, the Rep Room had a great selection of those last year. Too bad none of the Florida people don't raise Bearded Dragons, I would have loved to pick up one of those at the Florida meet...I would have called it Hobnobbin!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Seems to me there were some beardies running around at the meet - or maybe they were brown anoles. I can't remember.
I iwll be going as well, checking out some day gecko's, the Rep Room had a great selection of those last year. Too bad none of the Florida people don't raise Bearded Dragons, I would have loved to pick up one of those at the Florida meet...I would have called it Hobnobbin!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Perhaps not as juvies, but a couple had potential. One might have had the makings of a red beard (like me).
There may have a been a few...but were any worthy of the moniker Hobnobbin...King of the Elfin Beardies!....I think not.

·
Registered
275 Posts
so is anyone going up for the entire weekend?

Im staying there sat nite at the hotel and def think we should do a mini meet up to "talk frog" and down some cold ones....just an idea?

Vinny

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will be there for the entire weekend and I am game! I started out as a snake guy and that will still be in my blood. I am mainly there to see many old friends. Oh, and frosty cold beverages sounds like a wonderful idea!

We'll be staying a little bit offsite this year [since '99 we've stayed right at the Hilton] but I will have my truck so anyone planning a get together just let me know! I'll PM my phone number when the time nears!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I want to go, but don't think I'll have the funds or free time :( .

·
Registered
275 Posts
Zbrinks,

Are you guys vending or just attending?

Vinny

1 - 20 of 88 Posts