Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im setting up a 20 gallon and im using a false bottom but i dont wont running water just a pond... would this be fine

jeremy

·
Registered
533 Posts
The water in a pond will become foul very quickly. I would suggest adding a small pump just to circulate the water under the false bottom. This will raise the humidity and keep the water from stagnating.

-Richard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what if i just use gravil and not the false bottom and just put a bowl.. will the humidity still be high.

Jeremy

·
Registered
170 Posts
hey i have a "pond" type arrangement in a twenty high and it only has a water pump, (which is comlpletely buried under larger rocks) not filter, and ive never had any probs with the water. i would think the plants roots have a healthy effect by cleaning somewhat, and i was told wood would help the pH. just take some out with a turkey baster every once in a while

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea im going with his plan sounds like a good idea, and it looks alot better too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you think i should add moss to bring out the plants and vivarium or should i just put sphagnum moss....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.