Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im setting up a 20 gallon and im using a false bottom but i dont wont running water just a pond... would this be fine

jeremy

·
Registered
533 Posts
The water in a pond will become foul very quickly. I would suggest adding a small pump just to circulate the water under the false bottom. This will raise the humidity and keep the water from stagnating.

-Richard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what if i just use gravil and not the false bottom and just put a bowl.. will the humidity still be high.

Jeremy

·
Registered
170 Posts
hey i have a "pond" type arrangement in a twenty high and it only has a water pump, (which is comlpletely buried under larger rocks) not filter, and ive never had any probs with the water. i would think the plants roots have a healthy effect by cleaning somewhat, and i was told wood would help the pH. just take some out with a turkey baster every once in a while

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you think i should add moss to bring out the plants and vivarium or should i just put sphagnum moss....

·
Registered
170 Posts
pillow moss from BJ or tandc is always worth it to me. it can go directly on the gravel if you want. it makes the frogs stand out better than spagnum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts