Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this isn't necessarily a frog question, per se, but I was thinking about getting a 20g long tank and was wondering what handleable reptile i'd be able to fit comfortably in there. I was hoping for something tropical, but if not, I'm sure a leopard gecko or some darts would fit alright?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Not too much in on any non dart terrestrials, but maybe some types of chameleons, tropical snakes, maybe someone else can chime in, but just some ideas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK editing that. I'm getting the 40 gal breeder tank from petco and I'm hoping not to have to relocate whatever I get once he/she gets older. I was looking at water dragon's but they're waaaayyyy too big at adult size for a 40 gal and the tank would be just too ginormous to fit in my apartment. Maybe this will help open up my options. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Blue Tongue Skinks, if you can find a Northern are fantastic pets, I'm also very partial to carpet pythons... i guess you could call it an Australian Addiction.

Both Blue Tongues and Carpets are very easy to care for and make interesting and intelligent captives.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Crested gecko, gargoyle gecko - both very handleable and both like wet.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
20 gallons for a blue tongue isn't big enough and they are DESERT creatures.

However, pink tongues (and I just saw some for sale on faunaclassifieds.com) would work - very nice animals but would do best in a 20 gallon flat, not tall. They will climb but are terrestrial basically.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts