Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I have been lurking around the board for about 2 weeks now and finally decided to register.

I am a 10yr reefer getting ready to set up my first PDF viv. I have pretty much so exausted the boards search engine while doing my resarch and have come up with two questions that I can't find answers to.

1. is there website that has the adult sizes of all or most of the more popular darts?

2. On Blackjungles website I have read that ghostwood and sypress are the best woods because they are not prone to mold due to the fact that they are from humid climates. Anyway, I am from dry Arizona and would like to put a few pieces of wood I have found in the desert into my viv.
My problem is that I am worried that it will mold easily because it comes from a dry region. what are your thoughts?

Thanks for your help. Looking foreward to making some frog friends.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
http://www.saurian.net has some adults available. I believe they have alanis tincs., surinam cobalt tincs, and azureus for sale now. I bought a pair of surinam cobalt tincs, and in about 4 months I had my first clutch from them. I am not sure about the wood.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Some max out at 1/2", and yellowback tincs reach about 2.25". Most thumbnails are about 3/4", and most tinc class frogs reach about 2", and auratus/leucs are about 1.5".

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again Geckguy. That's about what I figured I just wanted some verification since I haven't seen PDF in real life since I was a little kid.

anybody for question 2?

·
Registered
231 Posts
If you are interested in talking with someone that is from AZ,and maybe see how they have things set up. I would talk to Amanda and Greg at AZDR. They are very helpful and put up with a lot of questions from me. Plus if you do want to get some frogs they may have them and you will not have to pay for shipping (that is always a plus). But there are a few people here in AZ that have frogs you could talk to. Their number at AZDR is 602-628-0212 email; [email protected] Good luck!
Andy

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
most PDF books will tell you alot of good info.....Jewels of the
Rainforest is a good book and tells most of the frogs sizes in metric standards (not inches). There is a newer book that is quite pricey and then another new book that is comming out sook the Professional Breeders Seris I think you can look this book up on Black Jungle, Saurain, Amazon, etc.. hope this helps

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I sent an e-mail to AZDR about 3 weeks ago but I have yet to recieve a response. It was just before Christmas howerver, and there was some mention of a reptile show on thier site so I figured they might just be out of town at the moment. if they don't send me an e-mail by next weekend I will try again.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sorry

Paul, I am sorry I did not get back to you right away. My husband and 3 daughters have all been home for the Holiday break so we have been very busy doing family stuff.

I sent you a private email, and also one about my upcoming Open House. I hope you can make it. It's a great opportunity to meet other froggers. You can also see all the different kinds of frogs we have, and how we set ours up.

Andy, keep the questions coming, you are never bothering me, sometimes it just takes me a few days to get back to you :D

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts