Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well ive been doing my research and I still have one question. I am planning on setting up a 10 gallon tank with all the fixings

substrate divider
substrate
plants
water
wood all that...

I was hoping to start breeding (not to sell) so I could expand to an additional 10g tank as well as friends that want to get into the hobby as well.

What frogs would be most likely to breed and do best in a 10g? I only want two in the 10g because its not enought room for more than that. The offspring will go into another 10g until they are big enough to move on...

I was thinking about the blue azures or the green and black ones

·
Registered
210 Posts
a frogs for every 5 gallons. if not its going to be like you living in your room and never leaving it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i would start with maybe some d.luecs or d.auratus, you can even start out with some tincs but ill recomand a d.luec because they use the whole viv and thats pretty cool but you are more than welcome to buy tincs as they are easy to care for as well. its your choice but ill stay away from the thumbnails as of right now....

Jeremy

·
Registered
210 Posts
thanks Dane that should answer his questions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi,

Leucs were my first frogs. They were great- fearless, colorful, can be kept in groups (I had 3 in a ten gallon), easy to feed: pinheads, aphids, both types of FF. I really liked their call. IMO they have the best call out of all the dart frogs I have heard. Sounds like a bird to me. But a warning, they can be noisy, so if you have other people living with you, make sure they approve.

Good luck,
~Harry

·
Registered
69 Posts
Vents are pretty bullet proof too! You'll learn that many dart frogs are pretty easy to care for, once you know what you are doing and have a consitant, reliable food source for 'em. The hard part is when you want to breed the frogs, takes much more time and energy.

~Harry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts