Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to drive from Denver to Austin with my three tinctorius frogs and their vivarium. I am going to do the drive in two days, with an overnight in a hotel.

Any suggestions about best way to transport them?? Should I leave them in their vivarium, or place them individually in tupperware for the trip?

Thanks for any and all advice!! I really want to get these guys through the trip safely!

·
Super Moderator
3,555 Posts
I am about to drive from Denver to Austin with my three tinctorius frogs and their vivarium. I am going to do the drive in two days, with an overnight in a hotel.

Any suggestions about best way to transport them?? Should I leave them in their vivarium, or place them individually in tupperware for the trip?

Thanks for any and all advice!! I really want to get these guys through the trip safely!
During a long haul like that, where your vehicle will probably see some significant temperature fluctuations, I would be more inclined to cup them individually, and transport them in a small cooler, or other insulated container.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'd be very worried about elements of the viv being tossed around and hitting a frog. So I would most likely cup them all and use a cooler.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have had a transport like this before. I made up a small 64/128 oz container with moss and leaf litter. This i kept with me in visual sight. The tank i kept separate in the uhaul. As long as the frogs are kept relativly consistent in temp you should be fine. Mine fluctuated between about 70-75 degrees( in the car) down to about 60 degrees(hotel room). Never had a issue and this was with mints, Chromes, Northern variabilis, and a few sp. of tinc. The clear containers were nice as i could check on them as the trip progressed. Just make sure to secure their transport container well so they don't get shook up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts