Dendroboard banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my frog room done. got a few metal shelf's. the older fca tanks don't fit 3 to a shelf ,because of that stupid metal bar. And none of the shelf's fix together .just different brands ,can get the right ones ,but friends has to move a ton of tools and I would take move my tanks .Just thinking cider 2by4s would be allot more nicer smell and could customize it allot easier. just seeing how other peoples 2by4 shelf's how they have held up? take any tips .thanks Jeremy

·
Registered
638 Posts
Thats what my frog room shelves are made out of they are nicer looking then metal because you can make them look the way you want it. and they will hold up alot of weight

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
An elephant could tap dance on my 2 x 4 viv shelves! I use 2 lag bolts for each connection. I'd probably want to move my frogs before bringing the elephant in.
Of course I love that I can set the width for the number and style of vivs that I want. No wasted space. It also made it easier to mount a rain gutter system for my drainage.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of their 2x4 racks? If you've already posted them just say so and I'll snoop around your posts until I find 'em ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
I like to avoid oily woods like cedar because it's been linked to respiratory issues.

But yeah, I'm a huge fan of 2x4 shelves.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Heres some terrible pics of my 2x4 setup....and like said above, you could probably jump on it and it wouldnt even budge. Not the most pretty but thats because I didnt care as much about looks, just functionality.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can't get nothing to fit right one those metal self. so another build.is there any rot problems with any of your guys wood self.If so tip before a build would be great.thanks Jeremy

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am not the best builder but I had some wood laying around so I built this....holds 8 ten gal verts with a shelf in the middle

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Does anybody have a picture of the 2X4 rack construction with carriage bolts? I can't remember I think there is a best way to assemble the corners(???).

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Does anybody have a picture of the 2X4 rack construction with carriage bolts? I can't remember I think there is a best way to assemble the corners(???).

I used 2X4s for my vertical "poles" and I notched them so a 2X4 could fit in the notch and rest there. Then just srewed them in with regular screws. The vertical poles hold the weight of the shelf this way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts