Registered
1,047 Posts
Awesome shot and congrats!

I love the variation in this population - glad you're having luck with them. :D

Reactions: acam

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's so awesome...these little guys are next on my list. I just love them.
This is a really cute picture:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
really love that picture,this is a perfect exsample of variation with in this
morph,and helps others wondering if you can mix colours of bastimentos cemetary morph well done:D

·
Registered
837 Posts
Cool pic...congrats!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Cool pic not only because of the cute factor.. but as said above, the difference in color morphs. Congrats. I too want bastis at some point.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! Yes, the color variation is always surprising, no two look alike and you never know what your gonna get...I love it!

They're so cute! How old are these particular frogs?
Well, yesterday was the first time they didn't jump back in the water when I opened the tank...so I am going to say that today they are 2 days OOTW.

·
Registered
193 Posts
We need some updates man! I'm sure you got even more OOTW by now..

Your trio is doing great. The fine spotted one has sort of a creamy "mashed potato" color. The other one is a brilliant orange! just beautiful. The last one has some pretty unique patterns and is more of a darkish brown on top, and the rest of it is like a peach color? Very interesting.

I have noticed a little kink in the back of the darker one.. Not sure whats going on, but it definitely doesn't jump right.. I don't think it's having to much trouble though, it's always hunting and is nice and chubby. You think it would still be alright to breed? I don't believe it's genetics..

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We need some updates man! I'm sure you got even more OOTW by now..
Ha...I wish. I had one more morph out with these two.(I will add some new photos in just a minute) Shortly after I that I got a new job which ate up ALL of my "frog time." I went from misting twice a day to once every other day and have not gotten any eggs since.

Your trio is doing great. The fine spotted one has sort of a creamy "mashed potato" color. The other one is a brilliant orange! just beautiful. The last one has some pretty unique patterns and is more of a darkish brown on top, and the rest of it is like a peach color? Very interesting.
Glad to hear they are still looking good. I think there will always be a little piece of me that wishes I hung onto that "mashed potato" one....but I am definately glad he went to such a good home here in FL. Next time I am over in the TB area I'd love to stop by and check em out.

I have noticed a little kink in the back of the darker one.. Not sure whats going on, but it definitely doesn't jump right.. I don't think it's having to much trouble though, it's always hunting and is nice and chubby. You think it would still be alright to breed? I don't believe it's genetics..
I really hate to hear this and have no idea as far as genetics go. I can say that neither of the parents nor any of their offspring have had any issues such as this. Might be worth starting a thread over or possibly shooting a PM to someone a little more educated in that area.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ha...I wish. I had one more morph out with these two.(I will add some new photos in just a minute) Shortly after I that I got a new job which ate up ALL of my "frog time." I went from misting twice a day to once every other day and have not gotten any eggs since.

Glad to hear they are still looking good. I think there will always be a little piece of me that wishes I hung onto that "mashed potato" one....but I am definately glad he went to such a good home here in FL. Next time I am over in the TB area I'd love to stop by and check em out.

I really hate to hear this and have no idea as far as genetics go. I can say that neither of the parents nor any of their offspring have had any issues such as this. Might be worth starting a thread over or possibly shooting a PM to someone a little more educated in that area.
Haha.. sounds like you need to buy a mist system. I bought one at the Daytona show from Marty.. Haven't had a chance to hook it up yet though!

Yeah I'm not gonna lie, you dun goof'd selling that lighter yellow one :p. It's really turning out nice, so hoping it's a female!! I have the perfect male for it. Definitely let me know if you end up coming down for Tampa show, We should try to meetup or something, I know a great place we can get some gator taco's at too.

I posted a bunch of new pictures on my egg eaters thread for you to check out. There's one of the darker juvi. It's kinda hard to see the "kink", but you can see some weird growth on the butt. I really have no clue whats going on. I noticed something was "off" after a few days of watching it closely, but it was really hard to tell. The bigger it gets, the easier it is to see though.. My guess is something went wrong with the tail absorption, or perhaps a "broken" tail to begin with. It really is doing fine though, I just hope it doesn't create problems when it comes time to breed.. only time will tell!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts