Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day,
Here are pictures of my two new 2.5 gallon vert. imitator tanks. The broms. Are attached to suction cups by craft/plant wire. I hope to get my male imis in them soon. I am currently fruit fly testing them and waiting for one more imitator to come in from Patrick ( Iam hoping and Praying for a female), if the weather goes my way. I wish God would ask me what I want for weather. My hardware is from Peace of the Tropics (Ken) and the Brom I picked up at Lowes as one. I tried to do this on a budget and my total cost is a little less than $50 for the two. I did have some supplies already (Cork Bark, rocks, aquarium glue, light, plant wire).
Later and Happy Frogging,
Jason Juchems

G

·
0 Posts
They look good

Hey Jason. They look really good. Nice job. The imitators should be happy in them.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Ken, I love your product. I will be buying from you in the future. It was a fun project. Greg, these are their permanent homes. I have no signs of stress from them being in a two gallon hex. I have two males that fat and healthy. Here are the two guys. My new on is coming tomorrow!

Jason Juchems

·
Registered
282 Posts
Those broms sure wont last long like that, they really need some sort of substrate...the wire also seem to be a little tight. If you are going to tie a brom to something you should do it around the base instead of around the leaves. Other than that those tanks look fun!
I have my imitators in a 40 gallon... they would be mad at me if I moved them into anything smaller!
Last night they asked for an 80 gallon...greedy bastards. :shock:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
As long as it is humid the broms will do fine, I had some fireballs in my imitator tank secured to the walls using suction cups and the hook that come with them, and they did fine. They grew huge aerial roots.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Jason,

Can you update us on your imitators. Have they spawned in their 2.5 gallon verts? How many imitators are you currently keeping per tank and what sexes are they?

Although I said that I’m not a fan of nano tanks I’m always interested in how others do things.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have two calling males imitator in one vert and the other a lone female basti pumilio going to Dave of Ed's Fly Meat. I had three calling males imis in it at one time. I personally like the setup and great way of building roots on brom. pups with little roots. The humidity takes care of the palnts very well. Also a great way to monitor eating and behavior and also limiting the amount of wasted flies. I have two fat imis. I am in search for a female imitator and will be converting the pumilio into a tank for 1.2 vents.
Jason Juchems

1 - 15 of 15 Posts