Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Very nice chris. Is that a 40 gal breeder? What are you hoping to put in there? I've always been an advocate for luecs as a first frog but the truth is there are several good frog species, tincs for example, that would love chillin in that tank.

A little friendly advice if you don't mind. I think some vines on the background would look real nice. Hoyas or aescheynthus possibly, something that will hang down.

You may also want to lift your lighting off the tank a few inches. In the past I have used two small blocks of wood wrapped in tin foil. It'll help keep the temp in the tank down. Overall way better then my first build. You obviously did some good research.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Looks awesome! Is that a waterfall going in to a "rock pool"? If so, good idea! I ended up filling in the pools at the end of my waterfalls cause I had a frog drown. :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is a water fall in to a rock pool. I attached two pieces of drift wood together to make it. Where the rocks are does not pool up it's just a place for the water to go to insted of puddling up in the dirt...... Also I do have some ivy in there but it's still small so I'm waiting so it to grow a little to fill in the tank. I would really like to fill in about the water fall a little more but i just don't know what to put there :(. I used cork baking so does anyone have any suggestions on how to fill the back more and with what?!?!?..... One last thing how were the pics? This whole post so far has been done with my iPhone so I was just wondering how everything is for you guys using computers.... But thanks for the compliments everyone :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts