Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests this is my 1st terrarium, it's a 15 gal hexagonal, I would love to put a dart frog in it but wanted to see what you guys thought of it, bad or good :), is it safe? Is there anything I should change? What kind of frog do you think would be best suited to it I was thinking about getting a cobalt or some other kind of Dendrobates tinctorius, this would be my first frog as well. Going to go to frogday, I just remembered it was this weekend :D
unfortunately I can’t remember the names of all the plants lol, someone at an animal expo who builds vivariums helped me pick them out. I do have some leaf litter in there but it's real dark and kind of hard to see, they're pear leaves. I also have a little hut up top big enough for a frog to turn around in, bout 3" wide or so.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I wish my first build would have looked like that. I think the heights of the tank are great. The only thing I would do is add a couple broms to the tree trunk to make some more room for frogs to hang out. After that I think since this is your first viv that a pair of luecs would be great.
Jason

·
Registered
841 Posts
looks nice. i would replace the pothos with something that wont overgrow as fast as that will. i dont have the experience to recommend any frogs or what type in that small of a viv.

·
Registered
599 Posts
on a side note, are you cleaning the glass with that greenworks spray?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the feedback,

Jason DeSantis~I'll probably add another brom at some point

skanderson~good to know but I think I'll just tend to it as needed, unless it gets really out of hand

oneshot~the green works bottle is for cleaning my glass desk it just ended up in the pic lol

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think it looks fantastic, first of all.

As for frogs, my first impression would be a pair of thumbs. A 15 gallon hex doesn't seem like a lot of elbow room for the bigger frogs but I don't have much experience with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts