Dendroboard banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

· Registered
1,170 Posts
i really like the rock wall with the dirt wall. Looks good!!

I too am not a silicone fan. Gorilla glue all the way - although I will try titebond since people seem to be having luck with it!

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thanks. I was kindof iffy about it at first, but I like it. I couldn't find Gorrilla Glue in a bottle big enough so I went ahead and went with the titebond. The one with the green top and labor is the one I used and is suppose to be completely water-proof.

It was super easy to coat the GS and it only took me about 5 mins to complete the entire step. I also feel its a lot cheaper than buying 4 or 5 tubes of silicone.

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just a quick update. I got around to painting the ''rocks.'' I picked up a pack of acrylic paints from a local hobby store. I used a base coat of water down black then I added some browns, tan, yellows, shades of green and white highlights. It looks ok when dry, but it really looks good when wet. I will be adding some more vines and organic planting spots on the rockwall for better epiphyte mounting. Here are the pics...

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I've kept firebellies in the past in my first zoomed and liked them. They are very active and utilised the vertical space too. I would keep them in this but I didn't build many horizontal areas for them.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Quick update. This thing is almost done. Added some more fake jungle vines for climbing and a floating "island."
I like the bio vines but maybe put some of the same stuff you used on the other vine on those to make it all blend in?

Looks great tho I was just making a suggestion :D

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I like the bio vines but maybe put some of the same stuff you used on the other vine on those to make it all blend in?

Looks great tho I was just making a suggestion :D
Thanks for the compliment and the suggestion. I was going to do just that. I was just waiting on the GS to cure so I can finish it all at once. The mystery stuff is actually Gorilla Glue and peat. I just rub the glue on then rub the peat in. The vine still remains flexible afterwards.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Thanks for the compliment and the suggestion. I was going to do just that. I was just waiting on the GS to cure so I can finish it all at once. The mystery stuff is actually Gorilla Glue and peat. I just rub the glue on then rub the peat in. The vine still remains flexible afterwards.
you're welcome.
Thanks for seeing it as a suggestion and not that I was telling you what to do lol.
Yeah I figured that's what you was gonna do I was just checking.
I only said stuff cause idk if you mentioned what you was usig, maybe I didn't see it.
A bit stressed out these days haha.

About what you said earlier about that the frogs will stay up high and not cross the path of the crabs....well the frogs will go everywhere. especially PDFs.
There really isn't much land here at all anyway for PDFs IMO.
The crabs I'm sure would attack any kind of frogs or anything for that matter.
Better not to risk it.

Have you figured out what you're gonna out in here yet tho?

viv is looking great and I can't wait to see more :D

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Reactions: diggenem
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.