Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Thanks Young. As of right now I have an old ZooMed 501 that I'm debating on using. I think I might go with a larger canister filter due to the height of the enclosure and stand when I get one. The tank has been drilled so everything will be external except for the aquarium heater for the water feature.
No darts yet, I looking into a small, colorful species of tree frogs and maybe some vampire crabs and shrimp down below. The pool will also be planted so it may end up being a marsh.
Beth my original plan was to concrete the GS also, but I have thought about finishing it with peat, coco fiber and jungle moss. I know if I finished it the latter way I would have to finish and cure the waterfall then allow the GS to dry completely. I think for the sake of simplicity I'm going to concrete everything and hope it turns out nice.

Mixing crabs and frogs isn't a good idea...
Frogs...especially tree frogs like to sit in the water and absorb the water
I'm sure at some point a frog will get attacked by the crabs...
I wouldn't mix crabs with anything.

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Quick update. This thing is almost done. Added some more fake jungle vines for climbing and a floating "island."
I like the bio vines but maybe put some of the same stuff you used on the other vine on those to make it all blend in?

Looks great tho I was just making a suggestion :D

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Thanks for the compliment and the suggestion. I was going to do just that. I was just waiting on the GS to cure so I can finish it all at once. The mystery stuff is actually Gorilla Glue and peat. I just rub the glue on then rub the peat in. The vine still remains flexible afterwards.
you're welcome.
Thanks for seeing it as a suggestion and not that I was telling you what to do lol.
Yeah I figured that's what you was gonna do I was just checking.
I only said stuff cause idk if you mentioned what you was usig, maybe I didn't see it.
A bit stressed out these days haha.

About what you said earlier about that the frogs will stay up high and not cross the path of the crabs....well the frogs will go everywhere. especially PDFs.
There really isn't much land here at all anyway for PDFs IMO.
The crabs I'm sure would attack any kind of frogs or anything for that matter.
Better not to risk it.

Have you figured out what you're gonna out in here yet tho?

viv is looking great and I can't wait to see more :D

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Reactions: diggenem
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.